Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The 90's I joined an APA and drew FIGHT!!

Sometime around now I joined an APA. In the days before internet forums, an APA was a way to share your art with a small group of people. You would create your pages and mail them to a 'moderator'. They would collect all these and create spiral bound copies for all the members and mail them out. You paid a fee to cover costs and were expected to comment on other members contributions in the last issue.

The APA I joined was in a state of disarray and eventually folded. I sent in all the previous pages, plus this. This was the last thing I sent to the APA and I don't thing it ever got sent out. It was a neat thing to be a member of, but it only lasted about 6 months after I joined before it folded.

I have no idea where the idea for this came from, I know for a fact I hadn't read or seen Fight Club when I created this, but who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment